Round Trip One Way
--- Select ---
JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 20182019202020212022202320242025 0 AM
--- Select ---
Reserve by Phone
Select Return Trip:
-- No Return Trip --
Isle Royale - Copper Harbor
There is no refund if you cancel your reservation less than two weeks before departure time.
Cancelations received with more than two weeks' notice will be sent an 85% refund. If canceling a group of 10 people or more, one month's notice is required for an 85% refund.
ISLE ROYALE USER FEE: The National Park Service levies a User Fee for Isle Royale: $7.00 per DAY (not per night) per ADULT (16 years old and up). Or a $60 pass covers pass-holder and 3 companions for any length of stay. NPS nationwide cards exempt card-holder from the fee. Pay at www.pay.gov. NPS web site for information.
* PARKING CHARGES: Parking begins no sooner than 7:00 AM on sailing days. Those making online reservations will pay for parking on day of departure. Charges for parking: $10 per night for cars, vans, trucks ($30 maximum), $20 per night for RVs and motor homes over 24' long (NO MAXIMUM), and $15 per night for cars or vans with trailers ($45 max.). Call, write, or visit our web site for information on parking fees and procedures.
* DIRECTIONS: Follow US-41 to Copper Harbor. Go straight through the traffic light at the entrance to town and go 2 blocks to the waterfront. Turn right and go 1 block east. The entrance to the dock is on your right, parking is on your left. Many online maps and GPS systems find us at the corner of 5th St. and Brockway Ave. in Copper Harbor. See our website for directions, if needed.
* CHECK-IN: Arrive 30-45 minutes before 8:00 AM departure (EASTERN TIME). Check in at the office. Park and unload gear in parking lot or unload on the dock. Parking, directed by attendant, begins at 7:00 AM. Canoes and kayaks must be empty of gear except paddles and life-preservers and ready for loading on the ferry by 7:15 AM. Return check-in at Isle Royale is 30 minutes before 2:45 PM departure.
* LUGGAGE: 70 pounds of gear per person are allowed. We stow all gear, including fishing poles and walking sticks, in bins on the top deck. Passengers are allowed to carry one (1) small piece of luggage per person in the cabins (cabins have no storage bins). We do not transport gasoline, but do transport stove fuel. Don't put stove fuel in bottles with twist-on caps in backpacks. We store those bottles separately.
* LODGING in COPPER HARBOR: See the "Summer Lodging" page at www.copperharbor.org for motels and campgrounds in town. We recommend all motels in town.
* WATER TAXI SERVICE: The Rock Harbor Lodge provides charter service and some regular runs in Rock Harbor. Call 906-337-4993. Also, the Voyageur II from Grand Portage, MN, circumnavigates the island 3 times per week in summer and can be scheduled as a water taxi. See www.isleroyaleboats.com. Be aware that the Voyageur II schedule and the Queen IV schedule do NOT easily coordinate.
* DELAYED CROSSINGS: The Isle Royale Queen IV crosses a huge inland sea. We delay trips because of severe sea conditions about once a summer. Trips are not canceled, but postponed. Delays last from 4 to 12 hours. All trips are subject to safe sailing conditions.
Isle Royale Line, Inc.
Copper Harbor, MI 49918
© The Isle Royale Line, Inc. ~ Office Phone: 906-289-4437 ~ Information and Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org